Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Goodnight Story

No lesson today, due to tight schedule.

But before going to sleep I asked her if there's anything she'd like to talk about. Guess what she said

- Dad, I want to talk a about vim

A moment of victory in the history of the School of Nerds! So we discussed files and text editors for a while, then moved to the topic of what parts the computer is made of. A bit later, just before good-night, I asked her what she remembered about the computer parts. I expected the Keyboard or Mouse, but it was indeed the Hard Disk that she remembered. 

- And what's on it dear? 
- Files, daddy
- And what's the name of your file?
- Kissa.

I think she already know more about computers that, say, 30% of adults. I bet we can reach 90% in a year. It's all about motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment